Bauza Cove is located just a short distance from telegraph cove. There is also the Resort campground, which is located just a 10 minute walk up a short hill from the Cove resort office. There are two small creeks running along either side of the campground and you can take a walk along a short trail through the woods to the Cove. Read More….
Port Hardy’s main boat launch at the municipal wharf seems always to be busy, some boats can wait more than an hour to use the launch. It was so busy here that it was becoming dangerous with trucks and trailers lining both sides of the road, something had to be done. There was no room for expansion at the main launch, so the Bear Cove Recreation site was chosen as the spot to create a new launch area. Read More….
Beaver Cove is the northern terminus of the Englewood Railway, which is named after the Wood & English Logging Company, whose former logging camp, now abandoned, was Englewood, it was located on the other side of the Cove from today’s community. Also nearby, to the north-east on the south-east shore of the Cove, is the community of Kokish. The railway is no longer in operation. Read More….
At one time, Friendly Cove was home to about 1500 people. Yuquot, ( Friendly Cove) has been continually occupied for more than 4000 years. In 1778, James Cook of the Royal Navy, while anchored in Resolution Cove on Bligh Island, went into Friendly Cove and first contact was made, although the Spanish had been trading with the first peoples for 4 years at this time and in effect, had made first contact 4 years before Captain Vancouver. Read More….
Scott Cove is one of those places where you seem to step back in time, it’s full of float houses, boats, and happy people. Its a small place, only a few families there now but the cove has a logging camp that will help keep it alive. Scott Cove is located on Gilford Island, a short distance from echo bay, there was a marina and school at echo where you could get a few groceries and kids from Scott cove could boat to school. Read More….
Squirrel Cove was one of the summer places the Klahoose have used for many years, each spring they would harvest shellfish and berries. They also planted and harvested gardens here before heading back to Toba in the Fall where they had their main village. Then in the late 1890s, they relocated from Toba Inlet to Squirrel Cove. Read More….
Today Telegraph Cove, has two resorts, two marinas, and three RV parks. There are many trails leading from the cove and its a great place to put in kayaks for heading out to the Broughton Archipelago Islands. Jacques Cousteau called the Archipelago one of the best places in the world to view and enjoy Orcas in their natural environment. I whole heartily agree. Read More….